Friday, December 12, 2008

Weekend in Madrid

On a regular basis people email me questions on photography. I'm quite surprised that so many are interested if you shoot film or not. I really have to say what does it matter if you can't tell the difference? If you shoot selectivly and print out your digital photos and throw them in a shoebox, it's pretty much the same for most purposes.
Yes, I do shoot film, mostly for personal use. I end up scanning the prints to be able to share them with my friends who are often subjects of the photos. Digi would be much easier. By the way, I get good processing but buy the cheapest prints. Only a few picks get printed in good quality.

This summer I spent a weekend in Madrid with my girlfriend and shot one roll of Portra NC with my Nikon FM3 and a 50mm 1.8. Here are some of the infamous scans:

I had to laugh when I saw this photo. Stairs, obvious photo, hu?


a few photos of my girlfriend when we were cruising the city



a gay couple in a boat

No comments: