Monday, November 14, 2011

OLDIE

Despite the early iTunes release of The Art of Flight, I thought I'd wait until the movie theater premiere to watch it the first time on the big screen. Eventually I didn't make the premiere and had to watch it on my computer screen anyways. Regardless. One part that stood out to me was Travis Rice and Nico Müller riding natural terrain. I remembered this photo I took of them back in 2005. We just cruised Zurich that afternoon and came across this pile of junk, they quickly posed, I took one frame and we moved on. Shot on a roll of Kodak Portra NC with a Nikon FM, 50mm. A small camera with all the functionality of a big SLR (i.e. F5) minus the motor drive. There's still no equivalent in the digital world, neither to this type of film.

Nicolas Müller and Travis Rice in Zürich, 2005.

No comments: